Saturday, August 28, 2010

8/28/10 - An expensive week in running.

This week ended up being one of the more expensive weeks in running I'll probably have. About a month ago I bought a Garmin Forerunner 205, which set me back $115, and I was sure that would be the most I ever spent on running. This week is the last week that all of my friends who work at Gamestop get their 30% off discount at Barnes and Noble, so I figured it would be a good time to stock up on books. I picked up most of the running books by Jeff Galloway that looked interesting, since they seem to be commonly recommended on the Runner's World forums. That set me back about $45. The next day I went and bought my first pair of "real" running shoes, the Mizuno Wave Rider 13s, which set me back another $110. Finally today I ordered 3 pairs of wigwam socks that cost me another $25. Hopefully this will all be a small investment in my health, but still will probably never spend that much in one week on running equipment again.

I took the shoes on their initial run last night after I got off work, and after about the 1 mile mark all of my toes went numb. I don't know why this was, and it didn't happen to me today when I went running, but I'm sure it had something to do with the shoes needing to be broken in or how I shouldn't have gone running at 12:30am after being on my feet all day. Either way the new kicks are really comfortable, and look absolutely ridiculous so I'll probably only ever wear them running.

This weeks stats:
Distance - 22.51 miles
Time - 4:05
Calories - 4030
Average Pace - 10:10/mile
Weight - 223.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment